Link your Aadhaar to your PAN – Before 31st March 2019 (Extended to September 2019)*
If you are not an income tax payer, but you may received an Email from the Income Tax Department recently (Income Tax India E Filing Website). That email tells you the timeline of link your Aadhaar number with your PAN (Permanent Account Number) before 31st March, 2019.
You cannot file the income tax returns in future, if you do not link the Aadhaar to your PAN before the said date. It is said to be better link the Aadhaar Number with the PAN, even if you are not a regular Tax Payer.
Still, there is an exempt for the below categories from PAN-Aadhaar linking process. It is also not mandatory for the following persons,
- Resident Individuals in the state of Assam, Jammu and Kashmir and Meghalaya
- Individuals who are not citizen of India
- Individuals who are Non-resident
- Individuals who are 80 Years or Above.
For linking Aadhaar Number with your PAN, just go to the below link,
From the Income Tax India E Filing Website, you can find a link named, ‘ Link Aadhaar ‘ in the left side of the home page. After clicking that, you can see a PAN-Aadhaar linking process page.
Fill out the required details like PAN, Aadhaar Number, Name as per Aadhaar and Only year of birth in Aadhaar if any. After agreeing to validate your Aadhaar details with UIDAI, you can submit the link Aadhaar button.
On submission, you will receive a One Time Password(OTP) to your registered mobile number. After completing this process, then your Aadhaar number with PAN linked accordingly.
If you face any mismatch on your Name, then the process may rejected. In this case, you have to submit the correction form to PAN or Aadhaar concern.
Linking Aadhaar with PAN through SMS:
It is another option to link your Aadhaar number with PAN given by the Income Tax India Website. Create a message like this below,
UIDPAN 123456789012 ABCDE1234A
Leave a space between your Aadhaar and PAN and it should be prefixed with the word, ‘ UIDPAN ‘ and send this text message to 567678. After that you will receive a OTP to your registered mobile number.
By posting it, you will complete the process of Aadhaar with PAN linking. Here also, if your name is mismatching PAN with Aadhaar, then it may reject. In such cases, you have to lookout the details on both PAN and Aadhaar.
- Link Aadhaar with PAN before 31st March, 2019.
- Last date for Submission of Income Tax Returns for the Assessment year 2018-19 is, March 31,2019.
- E-verify your submitted returns always. Only verified returns are considered as Completed Income Tax Returns (Filing). So, always go to complete for it.
- Latest update on April 1,2019 – Deadline extended to September 2019
Kindly share your views / comments with a smile 🙂