CPI Retail Inflation rises to 5.21 % – December 2017
- The Central Statistical Office(CSO) recently reported the Consumer price index (CPI) retail inflation for India, its rises to 5.21 % in the month of December 2017.
- India’s retail inflation for december 2017 is at 5.21 percent, and for the November at 4.88 percent, the october had its 3.58 %.
- The current inflation of December as it had the 17 month high, since in the mid of august, 2016.
- Food and beverages stood at 4.85 %, Clothing and footwear at 4.8 percent, and the housing, energy with 8.25 percent and 7.90 % respectively.
- Earlier, the Reserve Bank of India’s (RBI) expected inflation for the second half of the financial year 2018, is between 4.3 to 4.7 percent. But it had crossed the expectation mark.
- So, may the RBI changes the rates in the upcoming policy meeting. The next meeting for the policy will held on February 7, 2017.
- As the RBI’s expectation is not well, but the SBI said, it had the expectation of inflation between 5.0 to 5.2 percent for the December, 2017.
(image and data courtesy: tradingeconomics.com)
- The data above taken from the Trading Economics Website and source declared by the Ministry of Statistics and programme implementation (MOSPI).
kindly share your views / comments with a smile 🙂